Sunday, September 25, 2011

Where's That?

When family or friends ask us where we live (unless they live in the Portland area), they almost always say: Where's that? when we tell them Fairview (not to be confused with an awful institution that is no longer!). 
Some fun facts about Fairview*:

1. There is an amazing wild rabbit population.
2. It's where people who want to get away from Portland city life go to veg out.
3. There is zero sign of elderly people - really - we have yet to see any members of the senior community.
4. Amazing restaurants are within a 5 mile radius.
5. population: about 9,700.
6. Fairview has a newsletter in lieu of a newspaper.

*completely made up by S and T due to our observations. except for #5 - that one is pretty much true. And #6.

To kick off the summer in our new little city we ventured over to Blue Lake Park for an afternoon. It is so gorgeous and huge! So many play structures for kids, family bbq's and some crazy Frisbee golf games. Take a look at our afternoon in the park via 2 videos..



Seriously YouTube? You pick that photo of me to be the default photo for that video. Good grief. I know it looks like I'm giving it the wow one of the cats just used their box stink face, but it was such a fun and pretty day. 

I was going through our summer time photos and videos because I'm someone who just loves loves loves the summer time and could have it for 3 seasons instead of just 1. (I'd make an exception for winter time - peppermint hot chocolate, Christmas, snow flurries.. ahh.) But since meeting this guy..
I've been changing my tune about this whole fall thing slowly but surely. Maybe a new pair of mid-calf, slouchy brown boots have something to do with it? Well time to start making our home 'fall ready' .. and by that I mean I am making several of these..

via Pinterest
Have a lovely week. Toodles friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment