Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Is it fall yet? (by Travis)

THIS HEAT. Sorry, I'm rude; that is no way to say hello. My name is Travis, I am (among other things) the other half of T&S. I am 31, enjoy cooking, comic books (yes really), music, outdoor activities, and not hot weather. I know my wife loves it (and I love my wife), but me? Not too much. But why??? Why why why?? Well, I'll tell you why. Stop being pushy.

For one, as someone who enjoys cooking, I cant cook as much. Not that I can't, I just shouldn't. We do not have AC (yet), and if were to ever have people over when it's hotter than the dickens and then proceed to whip out the ol crock pot for say, some tasty extra-hot Travis Chili we had better be prepared to share our hidden stash of wet-naps as well to wipe away the sweat that will surely be dripping down the sides of the face of......Aunty June...or whoever. And that is not a sacrifice I am prepared to make. Those are mine. MIIIINNEEE. But in all seriousness, I enjoy cooking in colder weather. I just do. It just seems more scenic for some reason.

Another thing I can't do it sleep. I enjoy sleeping, but when I feel like I'm wrapped in an electric blanket in a sauna, I have fever dreams that would make Hunter S Thompson jealous. It makes me a captain cranky pants too! And the cats! All they do it sleep! Or drink?!

See, some of you might enjoy this......"weather", but for others of us it is tearing us apart! Look at Weger! Look at him!! He will never be the same (until tomorrow)!

Anyway, I need to cut this short, but what I am going to do from time to time is pop on (when Shelby is preoccupied) and post shorty rants, some of my favorite recipes, maybe a movie review, and...if you are polite, I will take the time to answer some of the most common questions about comic books. I know how you ladies love the comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment