One of the best moments in my life occurred this very day (it was just the 19th back then) 2 years ago. On a trip to Seattle, Travis and I enjoyed a day of fun typical Seattle things - Pike Place, eating fish and me gazing forever at the Space Needle. Travis said after a yummy dinner downtown - "lets go to the Needle tonight and go the top!" So of course I said 'okay - sounds good.' We get to the Space Needle and get ready to go to the top and see all the lights and views from the top of Seattle. It was absolutely gorgeous. On a starry night, lights glowing all over down town I definitely was taking in the moment and snapping some photos. Travis said he wanted to get someone to take a picture of us at the top, so I handed him my camera and watched him talk a little longer than usual to someone on how to take a photo using our camera. So, he comes back and I get ready to pose for a photo together, but then the guys says "ok we're rolling..." to which Travis says "he is not taking a picture of us, he is taking a video. I thought this would be something you would want to share with everyone one day and as a memory for us to have." I was a little suspicious about what was going on at this point, but rolled with it. Then Travis gave an incredibly romantic speech to me (and in front of about 2 dozen people outside on the Needle and asked me if I would marry him. Amazing moment. Take a look below to see the photo taken right after we became engaged and after happy tears were wiped from our faces.
Of course I will also include the link and video of our engagement. Yes, it is dark - it was at night friends! :) Turn up your speakers and then hug someone you love. :)
"I am my beloved and my beloved is mine" - Song of Solomon 6:3
No comments:
Post a Comment