So this trip was full of a few firsts for me. Well - first we did watch the Ducks lose not play as well as they could have.. but still had a good bbq with all the Waltzes that night. After a late night DQ run it was time for bed since we were heading to Crater Lake on Sunday! I had never been and it was sooooo beautiful out there!
We took the trip with Travis's brother Kevin and his wife Bonnie. Here are a few photos of our afternoon at the Lake.
Sunday night it was bbq #2 with Travis's sisters and brother with their spouses and kiddos. Love summer nights, bbqs and kids running around shoeless. =] After more food and ice cream, we had a long game of Clue to round out the night. I so love these nights with Travis's family. Food, ice cream, board games and lots and lots of laughs.
A couple fun photos of the evening.
| so cute right? She is a giggly girl. And just one of the reasons I love being an Aunt. |
Monday morning we were packing up and getting ready to head out to Travis's Grandma and Grandpa's farm. I got to feed a horse for the first time! Although I was scared he would eat my hand, I made a new friend in a brown horse named Shorty. I LOVE going out to his Grandparents house. It is way out in the country, beautiful scenery, family photos everywhere and his Grandma is the best cook! Before getting out to their house we picked up our other niece and nephew to take them to Starbucks (they already have a puppy, what's a little espresso going to hurt?) .. kidding of course. We got them hot cocoa and a smoothie. *With extra sugar. ;) One of the traditions Trav and I have with them is to go to a book store and get one book each under $10. Below are their finds..
I also picked a berry off a berry bush and ate it for the first time. I know I know.. I haven't 'lived', but really I promise I had a great childhood - just 'city style' I guess? One of my favorite things though about our trips to southern Oregon is seeing Travis with his family. I love seeing where he is from, who he grew up with and how everyone meshes together. I am so blessed to be part of this family and always look forward to seeing everyone. Family is super important to us and I look forward to one day starting our own little Waltz crew. =]
No comments:
Post a Comment