Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Spending Freeze

Yes it's going to be a bit chilly with our monies in September. I decided to participate in the finance challenge over at Allison's blog. I enjoy learning more about our finances, saving, watching our debt go down and have been thinking of different ways to share and blog about how we're doing in this area. Little tidbit about me: I am a numbers nerd and could spend lots of time asking Dave, Suze and Gail a question or two. Another blog that I frequent started out with the blogger deciding to go on a spending freeze for an entire year! I am not sure I could do that, but I do have a few guidelines for my personal accountability.

$$ Limit myself to 1 Starbucks drink a week.
$$ Bring my lunch to work a goal of 4 out of 5 times a week to save money on going out to eat.
$$ More eating dinners in - instead of out (this will be the hardest for me!)
$$ No clothes shopping.. eeek. (this will be hard with all the fall sales starting up.. I might give in to 1 pair of jeans..)
$$ Anything else I should add ?? 

Want to join me on a September Spending Freeze? I will be participating in a Thursdays check in with a few other bloggers as a 'posting' accountability of how things are going. So lets see how this goes next month!

image via

JCrew's e-mails couldn't have better timing.. a discount any day September 1-30 .. hmmm. Maybe Trav can spend the money for me.. does that count??  ;)

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! Love your rules and think you will totally knock it out of the park. Lets keep in touch for encouragement; I know we can do it! Cheers to September 1st and cheers to getting our spending under control! Happy freezing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Shelby! It looks like we have a lot in common with our spending habits. Your rules pretty much mirror mine. Except I have a serious internet shopping problem :) I also love kitties my husband & I have 3! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks ladies! Looking forward to hearing how everyone does! =]

    ReplyDelete