Sunday, August 7, 2011

Welcome !!

Hi there and welcome to our blog!! I (Shelby) wanted to create a blog for a couple reasons. It gives us a chance to write and post photos of different events and fun times that Travis and I will have. <3   Another reason being, many of my friends are on the blogging train and it is such a great way to keep in touch with each others lives and what is going on! 

I think it'd be most fitting to tell you about us and our story. I love our story (there really is SO much more to it than I will be explaining) and we both believe God had a huge role in the ways our lives were mapped up to meet one another. 

Back in early October 2008 I went out on a girls night with one of my girl friends and ended up becoming friends with a guy we met. He got my number and a few weekends later gave me a call saying he was visiting friends in Portland, bringing his friend Ernie who had just re-established a friendship with childhood friend Travis. I had reconnected with a college friend and she was looking for a roommate (as was I, I had gotten out of a bad relationship a few months prior). The weekend my new friend was coming up he invited me and my friends to meet up for brunch with him and his guy friends. Meeting up at Biscuits near NW 23rd (which sadly is not there anymore!!), I met eyes with Travis, sat across from him at the table and sparks were flying all over the place! I then got his number from a friend later in the day. We chatted on the phone a few days later and went on our first date to Henry's in downtown Portland a week later. 2 weeks later we were in-love. At 3 weeks realized we were destined to get married. 

Now wait.. hang on.. I know what you're thinking.. at 3 weeks?! What! All I can say is that when you both realize The One is in your life it is a magical feeling. <3 In 2009 we had both lost our jobs at different points and really got to talk about what we wanted in our future, life and became stronger in our faith too. During a trip to Seattle over the Sept. 19 (my late Dad's birthday) weekend, Travis took me up the Space Needle at night - super gorgeous view!! He proposed and we planned for a wedding the next summer. 

I feel so blessed to have an amazing, strong and absolutely hilarious man as my husband. 

Cheers to a new creative outlet and way to document our lives together and the happenings. 

Be kind, this is my first blog. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it and love you!!! So glad you've joined the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you...it looks fabulous! I loved reading your love story, I actually never knew how you two met :)

    ReplyDelete