This past weekend was great! I indulged in my Pinterest hobby having some girlfriends over (more on our DIY projects in a future post) and crafting followed by a dinner with the couple who did the flowers for mine and T's wedding.
But moving on into Sunday.. waking upat the crack of dawn at 11:30am felt amazing. I haven't slept in like that since college weekends! After our waffle breakfast (total and forever a weekend tradition in the Waltz household - if you ever stay a weekend with us, come with an empty tummy.. we love a big breakfast!!), and figuring out the agenda for the day; I decided we should have a hiking date. It has been a while since we had done that and unlike our previous hikes we actually went prepared! :) Prepared meaning: having more than one water bottle and a bag of trail mix. I wouldn't say we often go unprepared but more like we just live on the edge. After packing the necessities: 2 nalgene bottles, peanut butter wheat thins, bananas and chocolate chip dunkers we were all set. :)
But moving on into Sunday.. waking up
| Meet the beautiful Multnomah Falls |
Now ladies, when your husband, boyfriend, partner, puppy tells you "Oh just ignore the switch backs (the markers on the trail telling you how much further to go), that is for a longer trail - ours is half that." Heh. Half that? Nope you are trekking the WHOLE thing! So if you haven't ascended Mult. Falls - it is all uphill and at an incline that will make you a hot sweaty mess a glowing butterfly. I may or may not have taken a break alongside a 5 year old waiting it out in an old tree trunk.
| The view from the top of the falls! Our car is somewhere in that parking lot on the right. |
| See that little girl on the step? That was me probably 25 times up climbing up the big rock. But really it was a great time!! |
| Handsome.. mmm hmmm. |
Our afternoon date was super fun but it had its moments. Reminds me of guidelines you hear about marriage. When we were hiking to the the top we encouraged each other to keep going and keep the focus on our goal: to make it to the top! Even for active people like us it was hard. Did I mention it was like a big rock? You look out for each other too. Packing snacks, keeping tabs on how you are both doing and "oh don't touch that - that could be poison oak".. yeah I almost had a nasty run in with some 3 leafed plants. But most of all, doing things together and achieving goals together is always feels good as a couple. Marriage is teamwork and an adventure. Doesn't matter if you're the navigator or captain or other cutesy metaphor, you gotta be willing to lead and support each other. All the time. I'm talking daily friends.
Ice cream after is a wonderful goal to get back down the big rock together. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment