Thanksgiving is the best. Love it! And it makes all that time working out worth having a few extra helpings of stuffing or apple crisp.. right? :) This year we spent Thanksgiving with my mom in Salem. Trav and I took on the duties of cooking the bird and all the fixins so she could come home to a fabulous meal. Lemme just say that I am super duper blessed to have married a man that likes to spend time in the kitchen whipping up some amazing food. After a sweet "Happy Thanks.. uh oh" (children are so cute!!) from our 2 1/2 year old niece it was time to get in the kitchen. Here are a few photos to show from the day..
First up - Travis prepping the rolls that are his Grandma's recipe - and they were amazing!
Please excuse the no make-up/just woke up 30 minutes before this photo look.. I'm making my delicious apple crisp. The photo below that one is from 2 Thanksgivings ago when I made my first apple pie. We also had our first fire too. That was fun. ; )
Link helped make sure that no crumb went unlicked.
When my mom got home she just had to get in on the cooking .. just a little bit.
<3
Take a look at the finished rolls - Travis's Grandma would be SO proud. They were delicious and I'm going to see that these get made for Christmas time too.. yum!
And the apple crisp ..
The turkey was cooked to perfection - the stuffing was super filling and it's not a Thanksgiving without the sparkling cider of course - sorry no photo of the whole spread.. this girl was hungry and didn't get a chance to take a photo of it all.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to spend time with family or friends!! Today was the first Black Friday in years that I didn't wake up early and hit up the sales. It actually feels good too! I love that feeling being among all the other shoppers, seeking out the goodies on your list and igniting the Christmas spirit everywhere. This year we decided to take a more laid back approach and sleep in. After dealing with some pretty bad sinus issues (my little schnozz can be a slight bother at times..) we decided to get out the Christmas decor and pick up a few goodies that I'm going to do a DIY spin on.
Here's a sneak peek..
Enjoy the weekend and in the next post I'll share how our sparkly DIY holiday project turned out!
No comments:
Post a Comment