Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snarky + Sparkly

I so so so appreciate the support and encouragement from my family and friends regarding my last post. It feels good to share just a snippet of that part of my life and I anticipate sharing more about it. : )


As I was looking at my blog, I realized I had not done a snarky + sparkly post in quite some time! Without further ado.. here we go!

Snarky: British slang. testy or irritable; short; find fault with.

1. My husband broke his ankle last weekend!! While he was away at a way amazing men's retreat at Sun River - the guys took some time to hit the mountains. Well on his first run down on his snowboard, crack went the ankle. :(



2. Because of #1 I have realized how much I seem to take for granted around the house. Even the small things! Travis is such a loving man, and he does so much for me (not a snarky but hang on..), that I never really worried about taking out the trash, recycling, cleaning the cat box, washing the dishes, cooking (!!) and such. My my how things can change in a split second. Lesson - step it up and get in the kitchen Mrs. Waltz. ;)
3. I'm way way way behind on laundry. I could probably run the machine all day catching up on clothes, towels, jackets and such. 

4. I have had the first book of The Hunger Games on my nightstand for a week and have not opened it yet. 

5. On the Friday while Travis was away I had decided to get some yummy food to go and pick up The Help to watch. So I drive out to what is the closest movie store to our place only to find that they are "closing" and all the new releases are packed up and gone. And the nearest movie place after that would be another 15 minutes away.

Sparkly: to be brilliant, lively, or vivacious. 
1. I feel like I am improving on my "domestic goddess" skills. I'm slowly learning how to cook a little bit more and with the current circumstances am realizing how much I still have to go! I don't know how my mom did it - working all day, cleaning the house and cooking yummy dinners all the time for our family growing up. I have some mighty big shoes to fill! :)
2. I am becoming slightly coupon obsessed. On our last 3 grocery trips I have clipped 30-32% off our totals. I love to save money and I love that it really is not that hard to do so once you get in a routine of looking at ads and planning ahead. 
3. We are making some solid connections at our church. Next Friday we are going to a new house church made up on young married couples led by a married couple who've been together quite a while. We're looking forward to it and should be a fun time!
4. I'm almost done with my latest Pinterest DIY! I'm working on a new wreath for our door and my goal is to have it finished by my next post (which I'm ideally seeing mid-next week). It's turning out super cute and I'm finding a new creative outlet at the same time too. I love making and creating new things - maybe if I get real good at it I can sell a few!

Hope your week has been full of some more spark and less snark! :)

Now it's time to watch the Blazers and curl up with my hobbling around husband. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment