I absolutely love this image and quote from Curly Girl Designs. It's my wall paper on my work computer and it makes me smile every time I sit down. Speaking of which, work has been going well so far but can make it hard for me to wind down (I'm quite active all day long in my new job) and do some blogging lately. My goal for probably the last 8 days has been to take some time to sit and blog about how life is, what's going on and just all things life. : )
But to help move that process along, I'll just let you in on a few goings on as of late in our little abode.
1. My mom was here last weekend which was super fun! We took her to California Pizza Kitchen, The Nutcracker (love that ballet!!), church, had some home made spinach lasagna, brunch and saw Breaking Dawn. My mom is so great - she even got in the kitchen with Travis to do some cooking. I truly hope to one day be just half the mother/wife/sister/daughter that she is.
2. I have done zero - zero! - shopping so far for the holidays. Pretty sure
if I had a little button labeled "start to panic" I would have pushed it
this morning. Oh - and we haven't done anything towards our photo Christmas card yet.. maybe a New Year's card this year instead??
3. Travis was super sick with food poisoning the other night. : ( Needless to say it was awful. I felt so bad for him and am thankful that he is doing much better now.
3. My work is teaching me a great lesson on Trust lately. I will elaborate more on it in a future post.. I am letting the thoughts percolate a bit, but it has been such an amazing life lesson for me.
4. Travis and I did some investigating online of Portland homes for sale the other evening. It was fun playing "house hunters" for an evening seeking out neighborhoods we like and dreaming up what we'd like our future home to have. It feels like owning a home could actually be a reality! : )
5. I'm craving a vacation right now. I'm hoping that in February we can take a weekend away and stay in the mountains or something. I've never been skiing or snowboarding.. I know I know.. I live down the way from Mt. Hood and have lived in Oregon all my life - but I blame it on the fact that I'm from a beach family (which I would never change!). But now, I really would love to go and stay in a cabin or lodge and try out surfing on a snowy mountain and be away from computers, cell phones, traffic, etc. Doesn't that sound good?
7. One of my favorite ladies who I talked of in a previous post is now our neighbor! Carla lives across the way and I love that we can hang out and catch up. Which reminds me, I need to make her "welcome to the neighborhood" cookies this weekend. ;)
What about you ?? Are you excited for the holidays but feel way behind on your to do list like me? Any favorite holiday recipes you'd like to share? I'm in a baking mode and would love your input!

No comments:
Post a Comment